Sonoma is synonymous with wine, and boasts a spectacular landscape of rolling hills, quiet country roads and coastal access perfect for a self-guided cycling trip. Biking through Sonoma wine country is a delight for wine lovers, bike enthusiasts, and casual tourists alike. Food ranks high here too; the farm to table movement thrives and tradition is honored in each element of food production and enjoyment.
Available May 1 – October 31.
Tour Price Includes
- Pre-travel preparation via detailed trip packet
- Assistance in planning Pre- and post-trip travel
- Personal orientation on Day 1 with expert staff to go over your route book, bike set up and cover the days ahead
- Luggage transfers Day 1, 3, 5, 6
- 2 nights lodging in Healdsburg
- 2 nights lodging in Sebastopol
- 1 night lodging in Glen Ellen
- Breakfast on Day 4, 5, 6 (lunch and dinner on your own)
- Gloves, helmet, clipless pedals available upon request (with bike rental)
- Detailed route book with maps, cue sheets, suggestions for stops, water, restaurants and more
- Telephone support throughout the trip
- Personal insurance and expenses
- Bike and helmet (available to rent from AOA)
- Bike shipping/building/packing/tuning*
- Breakfast on Day 1, 2, 3
- Lunches and dinners
- Bike Rental (Available from AOA, see below)
- Air transportation to and from San Francisco
- Airport or hotel transfers to Rohnert Park
- Gratuities to AOA Guides
Upgrades + Additions
- Bike building/packing/tuning ($125) when you ship to AOA – Find out more
- 2 participants $ 1,419 pp 1,419
- 4 participants $ 1,325 pp 1,325
- 6 participants $ 1,279 pp 1,279
*We cannot accommodate solo travelers on self-guided trips. Prices are based on your trip starting on Sunday. Possible increased costs for trips that start on other days of the week.
This tour is available May 1 – October 31 upon request.
How to reserve a self-guided trip:
One of the benefits of going self-guided is that your travel dates are dependent only on you. We are able to offer this trip at your convenience during the specified season. Please discuss your preferred travel dates with our staff upon inquiry.