While your local trails are snow covered, join us for saguaros, sunshine, Sedona and singletrack! This self-guided mountain bike trip begins in the Sonoran Desert with a wide variety of trails to suit intermediate to advanced riders, then transfers to Sedona to finish out the week. The trails near Scottsdale, Arizona will astound you, with over 200 miles of new, purpose-built, fast and flowy singletrack. Temperatures often reach 70 degrees on winter days, perfect trail conditions. During the second half of the trip you’ll explore Sedona, a red rock playground of slick rock, hard-packed silt and ledge-filled rides beneath an azure blue sky. Well-known by sightseers and new age spiritualists, Sedona is also home to some of the best mountain biking in the country.
Available November 1 – April 30.
Tour Price Includes
- Orientation meeting Day 1: local expert will cover all rides, bike set up, bike rack installation, recommended additions to your schedule
- 3 nights lodging at Carefree Resort- double occupancy
- 3 nights lodging at Arabella Hotel Sedona- double occupancy
- Breakfast daily (lunch and dinner on own)
- Comprehensive “Route Books” with driving information, restaurant suggestions, and more
- 6 days of guided rides, 3 hours each ride
- Professional Wilderness First Responder-certified mountain bike guides during guided rides
- Water and snacks during guided rides
- Gloves, helmet, clipless pedals upon request, available with bike rental
- Personal insurance and expenses
- Air transportation to and from Scottsdale/Phoenix
- Airport transfers
- Ground Transportation (you will need a rental car)
- Breakfast Day 1, Lunch and dinner Days 1-7
- Bike and helmet (available to rent from AOA)
- Bike shipping/building/packing/tuning*
- Park entry fees and Red Rock Pass
- Personal cycling kit
- Emergency repair kit
- Optional gratuities to guides for guided rides
- Gratuities to AOA Guides
Upgrades + Additions
A bike and helmet are not included with the cost of this trip.
- Bike building/packing/tuning ($125) when you ship to AOA – Find out more
- Purchase: 3-liter Camelbak reservoir/bladder ($35)
- 2 participants $ 1,695 pp 1,695
- 4 participants $ 1,449 pp 1,449
- $ 1,335 pp 1,335
*We cannot accommodate solo travelers on self-guided trips. Prices are based on your trip starting on Sunday. Possible increased costs for trips that start on other days of the week.
This trip is available November 1 – April 30 upon request.
How to reserve your self-guided trip:
One of the benefits of going self-guided is that your travel dates are dependent only on you. We are able to offer this trip at your convenience during the specified season. Please discuss your preferred travel dates with our staff upon inquiry.