The climate and topography of California’s Napa Valley are perfect for producing world-class wines, and are equally inviting for bike-loving wine enthusiasts. Immerse yourself in a land stitched together by stubborn farmers and captured by storytelling giants like Jack London and Robert Louis Stevenson. Self-guided travel is about building memories while the heavy lifting is done for you, allowing you to build your own adventure from the seat of your bicycle. This itinerary allows you to get the full experience of biking in Napa, with time allotted for wine country tours – so make this trip your own!
Available May 1 – October 31.
Tour Price Includes
- Pre-travel preparation via detailed trip packet
- Assistance in planning pre- and post-trip travel
- Personal orientation on Day 1 with expert staff to go over your route book, bike set up and cover the days ahead
- All luggage transfers with each hotel change
- 2 nights of superior lodging in Calistoga
- 2 nights of superior lodging in Napa Valley
- 1 night of superior lodging in Sonoma
- Breakfast daily (lunch and dinner on your own)
- Gloves, helmet, clipless pedals upon request (with bike rental)
- Local wine country guide book
- Detailed route book with maps, cue sheets, suggestions for stops, water, restaurants and more
- Telephone support throughout the trip
Upgrades + Additions
- Bike building/packing/tuning ($125) when you ship to AOA – Find out more
- 2 participants $ 1,499 pp 1,499 pp
- 4 participants $ 1,345 pp 1,345 pp
- 6 participants $ 1,299 pp 1,299 pp
*We cannot accommodate solo travelers on self-guided trips. Prices are based on your trip starting on Sunday. Possible increased costs for trips that start on other days of the week.
This trip is available May 1 – October 31 upon request.
How to reserve your self-guided trip:
One of the benefits of going self-guided is that your travel dates are dependent only on you. We are able to offer this trip at your convenience during the specified season. Please discuss your preferred travel dates with our staff upon inquiry.